Quotes represent the wisdom that we as humans collect from each other. They can be an invaluable learning tool,
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. —Michael Jordan, retired American basketball player.
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. —Ernest Hemingway, 20th century American writer and journalist.
- When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. —Audre Lorde was a black American writer and civil rights activist.
- What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. —Henry David Thoreau, 19th century American essayist, poet, philosopher, abolitionist and historian.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up. —Vince Lombardi was an American football player, coach, and executive in the National Football League.
- The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself — the invisible battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at. —Jesse Owens was an American track and field athlete.
- The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them. —Denis Waitley, American motivational speaker.
- Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths. —Drew Barrymore, American actress and producer.
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. —Steve Jobs was an American entrepreneur, businessman, inventor, and industrial designer.
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. —Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a German writer and statesman.
And we leave you with one extra quote by Nelson Mandela, “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”
Are there any other great quotes that you would like to share? Please leave them in the comments section.
Nezha | The Edge Blog